Okay. So I think we all knew this was coming sooner or later. My Revlon Lip Butter (RLB) collection! I don’t think I’ve come across any beauty/makeup junkie/blogger/vlogger who doesn’t own at least ONE of these and who doesn’t love them!
As you can see, I don’t have too many RLBs, considering the collection I think has around 30 shades or so! The 6 that I own are the ones that I think look the best on me, however there are other shades that I’ve tried that I think I’d like to purchase eventually. I usually wait for a sale — all of these I own I purchased for only $3.99 Cdn each. Believe me, for that price you will want to pick up a handful of the RLBs!
In my opinion, the RLBs has to be hands down, my favourite drugstore lipstick formula. They are moisturizing, hydrating, pigmented, easy to wear sheer or heavy, blends easy, great colour selection and feels excellent on the lips. They actually do feel like butter in that they glide on very smoothly and they keep lips looking and feeling moisturized!
The packaging is cute too! Each lipstick tube is the same (or similar) colour as the lipstick shade inside — so when searching in your basket or bucket of lippies, the RLBs stand out easy to the eye.
Here’s a description of each of the colours I have:
- Peach Parfait — a light nude-peach with gold shimmer. I really like this shade, but the gold shimmers bug me; once the lipstick wears off, I’m left with gold speckles on my lips. It’s not too bad, but if this came without any gold shimmer, I’d probably be reaching for this more.
- Juicy Papaya — a light coral colour with no shimmer. Maybe the ‘lightest’ in formula of my collection, in terms of sheerness. Really needs a few good swipes to build up the colour, but I like that about this one, because full-on orange isn’t something I can really pull off. This shade really brightens up my face. I usually have this one hanging around in my purse or pocket. It’s like summer on my lips!
- Pink Truffle — a dusty rose/pink with brown undertone with no shimmer. Definitely an MLBB for me — I actually own 3 of these all at the same time: one stashed at my desk at work, one in my collection and one as a backup! I’ve noticed a lot of beauty bloggers/vloggers find Pink Truffle to be their MLBB as well — this shade seems to suit many, many different skintones — it’s great!
- Sugar Plum — a mauve colour with no shimmer. Maybe my least favourite of the bunch in terms of colour on me, but still a good ‘neutral’ option (with a subtle punch of colour) for an everyday lippie. I usually wear only a light layer and blend out with my finger.
- Candy Apple — a bright red with orange undertone with a slight shimmer. I’m still shy about wearing red lips, but this is a good option for us red-lip-virgins. I usually wear this sheered out to give just a hint of red, enough to notice. I think this shade compliments my medium skintone quite well, without it being too “Whoa! Red lips!”, if you know what I mean! One of the colours I reached for during the warmer, sunnier days.
- Red Velvet — a deep, red wine colour with no shimmer. A little of this goes a long way — with one swipe, I can get pretty decent coverage. Again, being a bit red-shy, I like to sheer this out to get more of a stained look. This is a great option for autumn — the deep, rich red colour is perfect.
There you have it — my Revlon Lip Butter collection! Now I can say I’ve joined the ranks of most of my fellow beauty bloggers!
I give the Revlon Lip Butters: a HIGH FIVE
What RLBs do you have? Faves? Suggestions?
Thanks for reading!!