It’s the end of the year (where did it go??) and I have to say I’m so glad I decided to start up Try Me Pretty in February 2014. When I wrote my first post I had no idea if I was actually going to stick with it and if anyone would actually read my stuff. To my surprise, I’ve managed to gain a solid following both on the blog and on my Instagram page (@trymepretty).
I’ve recieved so many great comments and feedback from other beauty bloggers, Insta-beauty gals and in-person friends and family. It makes me smile knowing that being the “tester” for beauty products has helped so many of you make better decisions in your beauty product purchases! I hope I can continue to help you as well as entertain you with my posts!
I’ve put together my Top 10 Beauty Faves of 2014 here. I sat down with pen and paper thinking that this would be a really hard list to make — but nope! Apparently the products I’m praising today have definitely made an impact on me this year and came to mind easily for this post. Where I’ve done a review on a product, I will provide the link in the product name (in case you want to check it out!); and where I haven’t done a review, I’ll try to say a few words about it for you!
Thank you for reading and all your support! I hope everyone’s had a great 2014 and I look forward to sharing more with you in the new year!!
Tess’ Top 10 Beauty Faves of 2014
In no particular order:
- Nuxe Rêve de Miel – Probably the most nourishing lip balm I have ever tried in my entire life. Gone through 2 jars this year and planning on picking up another very soon.
- The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil – I jumped on the cleansing oil bandwagon and I’m so glad I did with this affordable oil. Gone through 2 bottle of this and I can’t wait to start on my third! I’ve had friends try this out and have been loving it as much as I am!
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – Seriously works. Go and get it.
- Maybelline FitMe Foundation (original formula) – So I just looked through my foundation stash and this one looks like the one I’ve used up the most. Great formula for everyday wear (semi-dewy finish) and great colour match.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover – Best one at the drugstore, in my opinion. Doesn’t sting and removes the most waterproof eye makeup super easily.
- NARS Sheer Lipstick in Dolce Vita – Recommended by my good friend, Jenn, this is by far the best MLBB lipstick for me EVER. My first high-end lippie purchase. I love this so much and I am afraid for my wallet because I will definitely repurchase another one once I run out!
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush – I’ve always applied my foundation with my fingers — but after seeing and hearing so many rave reviews about foundation brushes, in particular the RT Buffing Brush for a flawless foundation application, I had to get my hands on this little tool. Glad I did — I have never used my fingers since buying this baby to apply foundation. Applies foundation fast, seamlessly and flawlessly, leaving a natural finish. I’ve washed this brush about every two weeks since getting it mid-2014 and it is still in great shape.
- Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Pads – A great drugstore find for an affordable AHA exfoliant.
- NYX Powder Blushes – It seemed I was late in the game on trying out the NYX brand, but I’m glad I can find them much easier at my local drugstore. I have a few different NYX products, but the blushes have really impressed me. Super affordable for very good quality powder blushes.
- Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Waterproof Mascara – The brush on this wand is the perfect curled size to coat, separate and lengthen each and every lash. Holds the curl well throughout the day. I’ve re-purchased this a few times and even gave this away as a gift to a friend!
There you have it – my 10 best, most loved, most used beauty products of 2014!
Thanks for reading and for a fun year of writing, reading and reviewing! Looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you again in 2015!