The Physician’s Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush is a recent purchase of mine and has already made it’s way on being one of my favourite powder blushes! This is my first Physician’s Formula purchase and now that I’ve had a sampling it won’t be my last! I’ve been wanting to try out Physician’s Formula products for a long time now, but for a drugstore brand, it’s on the more expensive end. I lucked out at my local Target when I saw that the majority of Physician’s Formula products were on sale for $9.99 — most of which, at regular price starts at $18 and up. So, I thought it would be a good time to try at least one thing out!
On the website, the Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush is described as follows:
- Ultra-soft and blendable blushing powder features a fresh and vibrant mix of blushing tones infused with a pop of color to create a healthy glow.
- Multi-reflective pearls provide a soft iridescence to highlight contour and add radiance to cheeks.
- Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
- The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.
- Hypoallergenic. Non-comedogenic. Paraben-free. Dermatologist approved
I believe this comes in 4 different colours. The one I chose was the shade Warm. This one’s got a nice variety of pinks, dusty rose, neutral rose and corally rose and when mixed together it creates a pretty flush of classic pink (on my medium skintone).
The formula is very silky, smooth and quite pigmented — it doesn’t take a lot to coat my blush brush for a good dose of colour. It goes on smooth and blends very easily. I’d say the finish is not overly powdery; it leaves a nice subtle sheen to the cheeks with no shimmer/glitter whatsoever.
It claims to contain natural plant extracts that promote feelings of happiness when applied. Hmm, I’m not so sure about that. BUT, really… I don’t know about you, but for me, whenever I put on blush — any blush — I instantly feel happier, because adding colour to my cheeks makes me feel and look alive!
The scent of violet this blush is infused with is very subtle (I can barely smell anything), but I have read some reviews that this comes off quite strong to some people.
And of course, the packaging! If anything about this blush makes me happy, it’s the design! I’m not a big fan of “pink things” or heart-design-things, but this blush is just so cute and pretty to look at!
Overall, this is a great blush. Great colour, easy to blend and pretty packaging. I wouldn’t mind collecting the other shades and perhaps trying out some more Physician’s Formula products.
I give the Physician’s Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush: a HIGH FIVE
Have you tried this blush? Like or dislike? What other Physician’s Formula makeup products have you tried?
Thanks for stopping by Pretties!!