This is my 50th post on Try Me Pretty and I thought what better way to celebrate by doing a fun entry in honour of my nomination for the Liebster Award! I was nominated by Sakura Fujiko of Ci+(ribi)² and I thank her for the recognition! She’s got some great material on her blog of which she focuses on Japanese fashion and all other things fashion and beauty related. She’s got a great penchant for style and a nice easy flow to her writing. If you haven’t already, you should check her out HERE and follow her if you fancy!
From what I gather, the Liebster Award is a fun little ditty to give some shout outs to some bloggers you’re really diggin’ and a great way to get to know those bloggers. There are a few rules one must abide by when nominated for a Liebster Award. I’m going to tick off most of these boxes:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So, let’s get started. The 11 questions (with my answers!) for me as follows:
- What means “happiness” for you? Happiness for me is being with my family. They are my best people and best friends. They are truly the glue that holds me together!
- What gives you the most inspiration? People that do simple things that make others feel awesome, without asking for anything in return.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging for my simple love of writing and journaling. I started out with a personal blog years ago — an online diary — but after falling of those tracks and not keeping consistent, I decided to start Try Me Pretty, my beauty blog. This blog is more focused in terms of subject matter and there’s always something to review to keep me on top of blogging! I put my addiction with beauty products and writing together and I’m glad I did! Plus, the beauty blogging community is such a good, fun and supportive one — I love all you guys!
- What is your favourite quote? “Just shut up and do.” – This is my own!!
- What makes you instantly fall in love with a blog? A good sense of humour (where appropriate) in posts, an easy, conversational writing style and good photos.
- What is the hardest thing you have ever done, or the biggest obstacle you have faced in your life? Recently, my father had a heart attack and that was honestly the scariest thing I have faced by far in my life. He is recovering well and if it weren’t for my family and all of being there for eachother, I don’t think I would have managed as well as I did.
- What is your favourite piece in your closet? Recently, I purchased a silky-feeling blazer that is ivory with a pretty print of branches, leaves, birds and flower buds. It’s something I wouldn’t typically consider, but it’s very unique and just an interesting piece to wear over something like a basic T and jeans. But if I had to choose a long-standing favourite piece… it would have to be a good pair of black skinny jeans. Never can go wrong with those!!
- What are your 3 must have beauty products? Specifically right now, I can’t live without: The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil; L’oreal Shocking Extensions Telescopic mascara; and Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm.
- Have you ever lived abroad (if not, did you consider?) No, I have never lived abroad nor have I ever considered it. But, if opportunity strikes and life decides to lead me down that road, then why not!?
- What is your favourite food? Being Filipino, I’d have to say a traditional dish called “kare-kare” (pronounced ka-reh, ka-reh). It’s a stew made with peanut sauce and loaded with eggplant, bok choy, oxtail and tripe. I know, it sounds strange, but OMG, it’s so good! Also, I’d have to say eggs. Scrambled, hardboiled, sunny-side-up… whichever way you cook ’em, I’ll eat ’em. Eggs are my fave!
- If you could trade lives for one day with a celebrity, whose life would you choose? Hmmm. I would choose Ellen Degeneres. Because she’s hilarious, everyone loves her, she has awesome style and she has her own show where dancing is encouraged!! What a fun day that would be!
Ok, so one of the other rules of being nominated is to nominated 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers. I’m going to be bold and nominate ANY ONE who has read this and who wants a little bit of a different thing to do from their regular posts! I truly believe each and every blogger has something great to offer and the community of people I’ve met here are so nice to have encouraged me to continue on, with all the “likes” and “comments” and “follows”. I would love to get to know more about my readers as well! So…. GO!!
My questions for you are as follows:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their cute little names?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- If you had to give up all your makeup, except for one of each of the following: lipstick, foundation, blush and mascara – what would those be?
- Name one food you think you would be able to win an eating contest with.
- What is the last book you read?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What did you have for dinner last night?
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
- What is your favourite movie?
- If you could live anywhere in the world other than where you are now, where would that be?
Have fun Pretties!!