This is an extra exciting post for me today, as I’ve been so kindly nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by gretalinbeauty (Thanks Greta!!). If you haven’t checked out this sweetie’s blog, go do it now! Who woulda thought anyone would be reading my blog, let alone be nominated for this cute and amazing honor!? I am so flattered!
I started this blog simply because I wanted to combine my love of writing, being a chatterbox and my addiction to beauty products. I’ve always loved to write — wanting to be a writer of some kind (author, poet, journalist, editor, etc.) since I was a very young girl. Since that dream didn’t pan out, I found blogging a great way to feed that need!
At 37 years old, my love/obsession/addiction to skincare and beauty products only began in the last couple years — and has now grown into me sharing my honest opinions on almost everything I try! I mostly blog for myself — finding joy in writing and just trying out new products! Realizing now that I’ve reached out to friends, family and other AWESOME and INSPIRING beauty bloggers is a bonus and such an amazing compliment! Each and every one of YOU inspires ME to keep on with this blog!
I thank you, thank you, thank you for being here with me!
So. There’s a few things that come with being nominated for this award. First, the rules:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate fifteen other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
Rules 1 and 2 done!
7 Facts about me:
- I live with my boyfriend and cat in a very cool, heritage 1920’s apartment near the river. We are a happy little family.
- My favourite season is Autumn.
- I try very hard to stay physicially and nutritionally fit. I get up three times a week at 5am to make it to my 6am workout class. And go for long walks around my neighbourhood when the weather is right. I never diet — I simply make healthy eating a big part of my lifestyle each and every day. But sometimes, this belly’s just gotta have her ice cream, potato chips and pizza! And believe me… I do!
- I watch enormous amounts of television serieses on Netflix. But I balance that out with indulging in a good book or two at the same time.
- I am very close to my immediate family — they’re the best people in my life.
- Like Greta, I am obsessed with cats! I love them all! Please come live with me, all you cats! I will have bathtubs full of catnip for you and neverending chin rubs!
- I sleep on my stomach.
Dammit, only seven facts… this is fun! I could go on and on. But maybe that’s a good thing that I don’t, haha!
And now for MY nominations! I don’t have 15, but the ones I list below are the Pretties that I admire and enjoy reading everytime they come out with a new post!! I follow many more non-beauty bloggers, but I thought I’d focus on these ladies today.
The following are the reasons why I am nominating these ladies and why I adore them all so much:
- Honest to goodness product reviews
- A great variety of beauty and fashion posts
- Great writing styles – engaging, entertaining and informative
- Awesome photography
- On top of trends, in the know of what’s new, and even info on less popular products
- A good mix of drugstore and high-end makeup/skincare reviews
- Real women, with real good blogs!!
And the nominees are…
You ladies rock! Thanks again, Greta, for nominating me! I’ll keep doing my best to keep on with my reviews.. knowing that you and many others are diggin’ it so far is “very inspiring” to me!!
Thanks for tuning in Pretties!!